KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Hi - a long time follower on KFF! Empty Hi - a long time follower on KFF!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 am
Thought it was long overdue to say hi on here! I've been following things on the KFF forum for a couple of years but not so much recently but I've now found you all on here! 
I'm a bedroom, home office/study designer but also can do living rooms, media centres etc. I would say I'm pretty experienced on Articad having used it for around 7 years (I hope to post up some of my design images for you to look at) but I trained on Autocad and 3D studio Max at uni. I hated Autocad so I did all my 3D design work in Rhino which I haven't touched for over 10 years (except the one time I had to draw up a swimming pool to show a client how their tile choice would look!!!). I'm pretty handy in photoshop and sketchup as well!

Jon
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Hi - a long time follower on KFF! Empty Re: Hi - a long time follower on KFF!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 am
Hi Jon, nice to meet you, would love to see some of your work!
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:02 am
Welcome Jon
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:10 pm
Welcome Jon

Thanks for your intro.... 3D Studio Max is a powerful program and with all the plugins available it is widely used in this industry for CGI. I have played with it in the past mainly to setup materials for the Visual Worlds Aqata catalogue when I was asked to create one.... Only using the standard renderer it was really good back in the day...

Other software now has caught up with its power in many areas now.... Not really a piece of software your could use for dimensioned plans etc though unless they have addressed that?
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:20 pm
I stopped using 3D Studio Max 13 years ago when I left uni and haven't touched it since! I'll have to hunt out some old hard drives with my uni work on and take a look! I dabbled with Blender back then as well as Flamingo (when I was using Rhino a lot!). Other software has caught up and what I can do in Articad is so streamlined (barring the odd hiccup here and there!). What got me into 3D software was a free version of Amapi 3D on a Computer Arts magazine when I was teenager! I used it to create abstract artwork back then rather than creating anything realistic!
Mingerz
Mingerz

Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:47 pm
Welcome to the forum John. As you probably know, the best ArtiCAD resource on the net!..I don't doubt, even ArtiCAD lurk here for some tips....lol
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 pm
Jon_Griffiths wrote:I stopped using 3D Studio Max 13 years ago when I left uni and haven't touched it since! I'll have to hunt out some old hard drives with my uni work on and take a look! I dabbled with Blender back then as well as Flamingo (when I was using Rhino a lot!). Other software has caught up and what I can do in Articad is so streamlined (barring the odd hiccup here and there!). What got me into 3D software was a free version of Amapi 3D on a Computer Arts magazine when I was teenager! I used it to create abstract artwork back then rather than creating anything realistic!

Yeah.... I used to buy that mag and did use Amapi 3D too...

I think this was the Computer Arts mag that included it free:
Hi - a long time follower on KFF! 4b742f27e0235e5a163e1e2381f365c4

This was the UI.... very graphical:
Hi - a long time follower on KFF! Interface
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:37 pm
Blimey!! Pretty sure I used an earlier version of Amapi 3D (in the 90's)! I should still have this copy and CD in my folks loft or somewhere! I had forgotten the quirky GUI on the right!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum