KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Cabinet Vision Empty Cabinet Vision

Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 pm
Does anyone else use Cabinet Vision?

Cabinet Vision Hairdr10

We invested in it a number of years ago for the manufacturing side of our company, they have recently upgraded the graphics engine (I'm not technical enough to know the ins and outs) but the results are pretty impressive. Plus we can manufacture direct from drawing.

We would usually do the customer visuals on ArtiCAD then convert (basically re-draw) them in cabinet vision for manufacture. The support, user forum and interface is brilliant with Cabinet Vision the only thing that used to let it down was the rendering. With the visuals now catching up we are wondering whether we move more of our design team and train them up on this.

(this is our first HD render on Cabinet Vision, no post editing and only basic default setup of materials and lighting)

What do you guys think?
Mingerz
Mingerz

Cabinet Vision Empty Re: Cabinet Vision

Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 pm
Looks fine to me. Would be interesting to compare apples to apples. That is, do the best image you can in both, then compare. I think that would probably give you more insight as to which path to take. If you can avoid double input, I'm sure that would be a big plus in Cabinet Visions favour.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 am
I have looked at CV a long while back... I think it was the cost that I didn't go any further with it...

If you can do everything in CV then why not get all your designers to use it especially if it save time in the long run and does allow them to produce good visuals for your customers.

It's content of model geometry that can often be the initial limitation maybe with CV but if you can import/model/apply materials with it then you can build your own library of graphics.

It does look a bit "RedSDK" render engine like.... Do you know what engine it uses Luke?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am
Yes, we purchased it over 12 years ago and wasn't cheap then! The support isn't a bad price though. I'm not sure of the rendering engine, I'll see if i can find out. 

Really my question was seeing if anyone else had experience using it for designing before the order has been placed. I'm only beginner/intermediate on Cabinet Vision so might have a play over the next few weeks and see what feedback we get from customers. Having a think it will probably depend on how long it takes to complete a drawing to a similar standard of ArtiCAD. 

I'm thinking it might be good for our supply only jobs as they will get exactly what they initially see.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue May 15, 2018 11:08 am
Lukeh1101 wrote:Yes, we purchased it over 12 years ago and wasn't cheap then! The support isn't a bad price though. I'm not sure of the rendering engine, I'll see if i can find out

If you so a file search for "REDcore.dll" and see a result in one on your CV folders then it's RedSDK...  Wink
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 am
Just found this... They have just added a new Photo Render Engine for designers... is this what you have used Luke with the version you have?   Rendering is a addon yes?

http://www.dailycadcam.com/vero-announces-cabinet-vision-v11-for-woodworkers/#prettyPhoto
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum