Share
Go down
avatar
Charles Turner
Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-11-08
Age : 26
Location : Watford
http://www.snappycgi.com

Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I made this room set up to showcase a design service I can offer for CGI work. Quality lowered to 20% to be able to upload to the forum.

1. The software/s you used? 3D modelled in Blender, Cycles rendering engine
2. Design time? 1 day but I do two jobs at once so can't accurately say the exact number of hours
3. Render Time including Resolution size in pixels? The largest image is 3435x2160, all 4 images probably took 4 hours rendering time - and that's on a machine built for rendering, i7's would probably take a few days.
4. Post Process time and tricks you used? Photoshop selective colouring to tone map.

Main View.


Close up of the chair, yes I even modelled the welds on the metal footrest (sad). No


Handless wood grain close up.


Blum internals close up painted black.

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
1st Machine
Dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v3 @2.30 GHZ (40 cores)/64GB RAM/250GB SSD/NVIDIA Quadro M5000 Graphics Card - 8 GB

2nd Machine
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @2.60 GHZ (28 cores)/32GB RAM/125GB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
avatar
Darrel
Admin
Posts : 799
Join date : 2017-10-24
Age : 49
Location : Nottingham
http://kbbcadguru.forumotion.com

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:55 pm
Superb work Charles. So good I think you should do this for a living... Very Happy

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
 Computer Spec: Lenovo W701 Workstation 17" Laptop, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 24GB Ram, 5.9 WEI, i7 CPU 8 Threads 1.73GHZ, Nvidia Quadro FX2800M GPU, 2 x SSD's, 1 x Hybrid large Storage Drive.
Main KBB CAD Software: ArtiCAD Pro V20 Build 53 / TurboCAD V2017 Pro / Bit of Sketchup / Serif Page Plus
If you are feeling generous and found my post  helpful please feel free to donate Thank You - paypal.me/Dazkbbcadguru
avatar
Joe
Posts : 285
Join date : 2017-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Glasgow
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:35 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
You've come to the right place for help with your renders! lol! Great work sir!

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
Computer spec: Lenovo ideapad Y700-15ISK, Windows 10, 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, CPU Intel Core i7 (6th Gen) 6700HQ / 2.6 GHz with turbo boost @ 3.5 GHz, 8GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M - 4 GB.  Running Articad V20 Build 53. The rest is a secret, i might have to kill you!
avatar
Darrel
Admin
Posts : 799
Join date : 2017-10-24
Age : 49
Location : Nottingham
http://kbbcadguru.forumotion.com

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm
Already mentioned on his FB post he that should have ordered more flooring.... either more floor tiles or wood flooring.... Suppliers eh haha... jocolor

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
 Computer Spec: Lenovo W701 Workstation 17" Laptop, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 24GB Ram, 5.9 WEI, i7 CPU 8 Threads 1.73GHZ, Nvidia Quadro FX2800M GPU, 2 x SSD's, 1 x Hybrid large Storage Drive.
Main KBB CAD Software: ArtiCAD Pro V20 Build 53 / TurboCAD V2017 Pro / Bit of Sketchup / Serif Page Plus
If you are feeling generous and found my post  helpful please feel free to donate Thank You - paypal.me/Dazkbbcadguru
avatar
Joe
Posts : 285
Join date : 2017-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Glasgow
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Should have used the new tile add-on in articad. Basketball

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
Computer spec: Lenovo ideapad Y700-15ISK, Windows 10, 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, CPU Intel Core i7 (6th Gen) 6700HQ / 2.6 GHz with turbo boost @ 3.5 GHz, 8GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M - 4 GB.  Running Articad V20 Build 53. The rest is a secret, i might have to kill you!
avatar
Mingerz
Posts : 150
Join date : 2017-11-06

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:04 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Darrel wrote:Superb work Charles. So good I think you should do this for a living... Very Happy

Stunning renders but how do you think he would react after a days render when a customer says "Summat wrong with your computator it's all blurred!"... lol!

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
I5 2500k, 8Gig Ram, GTX960, Laptop I5 2530m, 6Gig Ram, 17" Vaio Windows, 10 ArtiCAD V20 build 53.......Awaiting funds to bin the foregoing!
avatar
Jaynehiddleston
Posts : 255
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 32
Location : Dumfries, Scotland
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
its amazing this only took you a day (whilst you were also working on another project) so impressive king
avatar
Charles Turner
Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-11-08
Age : 26
Location : Watford
http://www.snappycgi.com

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 am
Mingerz wrote:
Darrel wrote:Superb work Charles. So good I think you should do this for a living... Very Happy

Stunning renders but how do you think he would react after a days render when a customer says "Summat wrong with your computator it's all blurred!"... lol!

Evil or Very Mad "Maddam it's called depth of field for visual effect" "I don't want a field in my kitchen" bom

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
1st Machine
Dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v3 @2.30 GHZ (40 cores)/64GB RAM/250GB SSD/NVIDIA Quadro M5000 Graphics Card - 8 GB

2nd Machine
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @2.60 GHZ (28 cores)/32GB RAM/125GB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
avatar
Charles Turner
Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-11-08
Age : 26
Location : Watford
http://www.snappycgi.com

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I think its safer when people give me a brief, otherwise, I always make weird designs!

Thank you for all the nice comments by the way - justifies my madness

> KBB CAD _________________________________________________<
1st Machine
Dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v3 @2.30 GHZ (40 cores)/64GB RAM/250GB SSD/NVIDIA Quadro M5000 Graphics Card - 8 GB

2nd Machine
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @2.60 GHZ (28 cores)/32GB RAM/125GB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
avatar
magga
Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-03-01
Location : Nottingham

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 am
Looks great, really impressive.
Sponsored content

Re: Today's creation. Let me know your thoughts

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum