KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dave Gannon

Profile system for handless door Empty Profile system for handless door

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 pm
Hi all, I know that this is not CAD related but I hope someone can help with this.

I have a client that lives in America and is looking for me to do their kitchen, its a modern style with concrete doors and a handle less system.

I normally use the Gola profile system for this style of kitchen but the client is very specific on detail and wants an extra rail running along the units through the middle. This is okay for drawer lines but not doors that pull out like bins and dishwashers.

The client sent me photos from a showroom in New York (see attached) with their preferred layout and as you can see it is possible but not with the Gola system. The system used is similar to Gola but they have different accessories to suit pull out doors which i have circled in red.

I deal with Hafele for the Gola profile but they don't do this particular profile to join the doors and I have also tried the manufacture Scilm to see do they make it. Unfortunately I have had no luck and have countless hours googling aluminium profile systems and I have not come across anything.
If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great.

Cheers Dave
Attachments
Profile system for handless door Attachment
image1.jpg Profile system circled in redYou don't have permission to download attachments.(76 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
image2.jpg Profile systemYou don't have permission to download attachments.(91 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
image3.jpg Clients preferred styleYou don't have permission to download attachments.(63 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Profile system for handless door Empty Re: Profile system for handless door

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:25 pm
Dave Gannon

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 am
Thanks Daz, it could work but there would be a lot of machining and burned out bits trying to do that with concrete doors, also the colour they are looking for is graphite which Gola do.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:02 pm
Dave Gannon wrote:Thanks Daz, it could work but there would be a lot of machining and burned out bits trying to do that with concrete doors, also the colour they are looking for is graphite which Gola do.

Wow... solid Concrete or a coating??

What about these... you could get them powder coated maybe? - http://www.furnwaredorset.com.au/Handles-Knobs/Ezi-Treviso-Profile-Handle_6
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:13 pm
They must be a skim/coating. A concrete slab just wouldn't be practical?
Dave Gannon

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 pm
1.5mm of coated concrete, I remember when i got of the phone from the client I was thinking how was I going to bore these doors for hinges and hang them on a dishwasher. I found a supplier Deseo that supply them, they come in 6 different finishes and you can do J handles or bevelled edges for handle less and mitre the doors on to finish ends . Really cool product.
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:33 pm
Deseo doors don't have the concrete coating on the back. Smile
Dave Gannon

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:15 pm
They don't but the back is a colour match painted in whatever finish chosen for the concrete on an MDF core.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum