KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vesbaf
Vesbaf

Favourites Folders Disappeared Empty Favourites Folders Disappeared

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:48 pm
Hi folks, I was wondering if any of you have been as unfortunate as me today in losing your 'Favourites' folders!?  I have been having major issues with a Windows update trying to install - it has consistently stuck on 82% for the last week - and this morning I was forced to reset my PC.  I was able retain my Articad layouts & images and, with a little help from their helpdesk, restart the software but the 'Favourites' folders are gone!  I've raised a ticket with them to see if they can be recovered.  Has this happened to you and were you able to recover the folders?  Any thoughts/tips would be gratefully appreciated and when Articad come back to me I will share with the forum.

Note of appreciation:  I've been following the forum (& KFF) for many weeks & months and really appreciate the many many valuable tips and guidance posted to improve plans & renders - I will endeavour to interact more, sometimes time doesn't permit.

Many thanks.

Alan
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Favourites Folders Disappeared Empty Re: Favourites Folders Disappeared

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 pm
Oh dear, sorry to hear.... Favourites... have you got a drive backup at all?

You should find the Favourites folder within your Roaming Folder like mine is C:\Users\User\Appdata\Roaming\ArtiCAD\.
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm
Sorry to hear that! Sound like there gone I'm afraid. Back up everything is key. Anytime i have problems and need to reset i have the install files and latest build backed up and also the Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom folders as well as the favorites, config file and a few others.

Side note keep your install files, any latest build downloads and any door or appliance packs safe if your out of support as Articad may or may not let you download to a future build update.
Vesbaf
Vesbaf

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm
Thanks for your advice/comments guys.  Articad finally came back to me and pointed to where you advised Daz... and it was all gone!  They seemed genuinely surprised by this and couldn't explain why it had happened, but suggested I backup in future - duly noted.  However, still having issues with that curse-ed Windows update, still freezing at 82% and forcing me to do a hard shutdown... the web is awash with this problem and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the update feature!!
Vesbaf
Vesbaf

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 pm
Thanks for your advice/comments guys.  Articad finally came back to me and pointed to where you advised Daz... and it was all gone!  They seemed genuinely surprised by this and couldn't explain why it had happened, but suggested I backup in future - duly noted.  However, still having issues with that curse-ed Windows update, still freezing at 82% and forcing me to do a hard shutdown... the web is awash with this problem and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the update feature!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum