KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Charles Turner
Charles Turner
http://www.snappycgi.com

Free 3D models (Woo) Empty Free 3D models (Woo)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:40 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
As some of you know I have a CGI business in which I 3D model every aspect of a render (and you think v21 is slow). High quality models and materials in renders are what make them look hyper realistic... so...

I'm happy to announce the pre launch of my 3D architectural models & materials business - www.imeshh.com

As apart if the prelaunch we have a special offer; 6 Free tokens every month until launch.

Models: With articad you can use the .dae file formats import them into sketchup and save them as a .skp.

Materials: Our seamless materials will be above 4k, all include specular and bump maps which you can now use in v21.

Blender: My CGI images are used using blender, its a free of charge software and if you want to learn to do what I do, I've recently launched and tutorial series on www.openxeducation.com; all models on imeshh are blender ready with materials already preset.

Normally models of this quality can range from £20-60, our most expensive models are 4 tokens (under £4)

If you use any models or textures use #imeshh on instagram and I'll give you more tokens.

Cheers

Charles
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Free 3D models (Woo) Empty Re: Free 3D models (Woo)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:00 pm
Thanks for posting Charles....

Re: V21 is Slow.... I think you must understand why user who have be used to the responsive nature of V20 and before that's something we have not experienced in the basic planning mode. Users are not dealing with millions for 3D space faces when in planning mode like Blender and other CAD 3D Modelling software.
You may or may not know I have had quite a discussion with Pete about ArtiCAD and it's poor that these things where not mentioned. Surely they would have tested this on a more basic machine but even Nathan who has a epic one experiences the lagging.

If customers where warned about these "BUGS" and they made the installer to run separately in a new location so they could still use V20 then it would have been a far better way to release a new version.

This would also make it far better for moving forward as you don't really need to worry about coding translators forold drawings as they can design new customers plans in the new version. It's not rocket science... less stress and hassle for everyone surely?!?

Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 pm
I didn't know about any discussion, I generally dont get involved with that as I'm too busy. I do however know the dev team are literally working silly hours everyday and 7 days a week 2 of them to fix issues raised as they're working as late as me.

Its still in stages of soft launch I believe, so I agree it should have been stated in the website its the first release so any unexpected issues will need to be rectified but to expect them atleast, installing in seperate directory in theory is nice but when you have thousands of customers ringing up when it goes back to the main articad directory and they cant find their plans... not good and a lot will struggle... trust me

But from what I'm seeing most issues are being reported and fixed either same day or next day, regards to someone at articad saying low priority about a dev thing on an email I've already dealt with that.. as although it was classified as low priority its been fixed so all it did was piss people off. Unecessarily

Articad have actually received good feedback for v21 as a whole, wouldnt believe it reading the comments on this forum though haha

I think having better beta testing for any release would be good,my personal approach would be give it to everyone in your sperate directory method but explain main launch you may not be able to use any beta generated plans so use for testing purposes only. Make it community driven but what ill be of concern is when the community goes sour, it's never healthy for either business.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:56 pm
Thanks for the reply...
A lot of us work very long hours.... Very often working for nothing as the designs we do do not always turn into orders.... When Peter told me that I said why not tell us the customers what you are working on.... we wait and release date comes and goes and we are all wondering what is happening.... Will V21 ever be released into the wild??

Its all about communication...."thousands of customers ringing up when it goes back to the main articad directory and they cant find their plans... not good and a lot will struggle... trust me". Only if they are not told!... or the installer forces it not to overwrite the V20.... the "Lot that would struggle with this" should not have the option to install it unless it runs correctly and is fully tested in any case then.

"ArtiCAD have actually received good feedback for v21 as a whole, wouldnt believe it reading the comments on this forum though haha".... I cannot see any of the feedback on either facebook or twitter........ not trying to be negative but you are insinuating what has been mentioned on here is wrong. Customers are going to be annoyed as I have already mentioned there was no warnings of potential problems or known issues or even potential ones with a new release...

"Make it community driven but what ill be of concern is when the community goes sour, it's never healthy for either business. " This only happens when we feel we are being ignored and trying to make something better and trying to help but just being palmed off or told lies... and in some instances told it's user error when in reality it is not and is a bug in the software. That's how we loose customers....
Mingerz
Mingerz

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 am
There is enormous pressure when software overruns the timetable for launch. The suits want it out the front door even if the devs are not happy that it's ready. Game studios will launch an Alpha then a Beta to find the bugs as quickly and efficiently as possible, with the caveat it's at your own risk. Most users are happy with that to gain early access to the software. Studios are happy as they have a vast unpaid testbed. The last thing any company needs is a launch that causes their CS department to buckle with the accompanying loss of good will. Having said that, I don't think ArtiCAD are proactively selling V21 to new users are they?
Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 am
Not insinuating anything darrel, I sit near the tech team and hear the feedback. And you guys arent ignored at all, you just have to realise that not all requests and changes can be made immediately.

I'm on holiday at the moment so will reply when im back
Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:17 am
Cant* sorry writing in be middle of the night and first thing in the morning isnt good for me
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum