KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

CRL Stone download Empty CRL Stone download

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
added the CRL Stone graphics download, as I had seen it been worked on by a certain Mr T going by his FB updates.
Worth a look, great range of colours/finishes and textures work well 'out the box' in V21

Last edited by mister_mitch on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

CRL Stone download Empty Re: CRL Stone download

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
quick 4min render to test 
CRL Stone download Crl_st10
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:44 pm
Thanks for the info Mitch

Shame they are not using Fresnel and reflection correctly... I have told Pete about this as you know...

Whites also should not be 255 RGB.... no such material can be that white...
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm
I assume you're referring to there being 255 white in the worktop texture?
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:59 pm
mister_mitch wrote:I assume you're referring to there being 255 white in the worktop texture?

Yes.... the Ultra White for example.... in the ArtiCAD Catalogue its 255 RGB but it seems a more accurate colour on CRL's website preview here:

237,237,239 RGB would be more realistic values I pick up using the colour picker tool:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 pm
agree, everything that is white in Articad I do change the values - Often down to about 245/245/245 - just so it's not pure white.

Apparently they get a lot of people raise it as an issue if they change the default ceiling etc from pure white, as people then say 'my ceiling looks grey'. I wonder if this is still to cater to the people still using photo-realism rather than HD?

Those of us that know a bit more, know there is no real pure white, and many whites look grey IRL. But I suppose if we know that then we probably know how to change the defaults...  Rolling Eyes
covering the masses @ big chains that use the software with minimal training and knowledge?

CRL Stone download Giphy
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:25 pm
mister_mitch wrote:agree, everything that is white in Articad I do change the values - Often down to about 245/245/245 - just so it's not pure white.

Apparently they get a lot of people raise it as an issue if they change the default ceiling etc from pure white, as people then say 'my ceiling looks grey'. I wonder if this is still to cater to the people still using photo-realism rather than HD?

Those of us that know a bit more, know there is no real pure white, and many whites look grey IRL. But I suppose if we know that then we probably know how to change the defaults...  Rolling Eyes
covering the masses @ big chains that use the software with minimal training and knowledge?

CRL Stone download Giphy

Yeah but that can have the opposite effect as a 255RGB being hit by the default point light will just make the white ceiling outside the light burn location darker just how Tone Mapping works... Proper roughness and having a spherical sky would help.... not a 255RGB white material....How can light make it any brighter as this hits the Tone Mapping ceiling.... pardon the pun haha...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum