KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

End Panel Depth Empty End Panel Depth

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm
Does anyone know a way to automatically set end panel depths different from the automatic settings.

I usually set the 'End Support Panel Depth' 10mm less than the depth (so 590 for a 600) on a base/ tall unit end panel and set them 20mm more for the wall units (320 for a 300 depth).

Thanks
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

End Panel Depth Empty Re: End Panel Depth

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 pm
save as favorite?
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:21 pm
Lukeh1101 wrote:Does anyone know a way to automatically set end panel depths different from the automatic settings.

I usually set the 'End Support Panel Depth' 10mm less than the depth (so 590 for a 600) on a base/ tall unit end panel and set them 20mm more for the wall units (320 for a 300 depth).

Thanks

Yep Easy Luke:
Open the BASEUNIT.TXT in Notepad which is in the "Kitchen" Folder
Using Find or just going to Item 36 with the Title of "End Support Panel" and change the -30 to -10 (looks at room defaults i.e 600 and takes of the minus value) then hit save.
If you have ArtiCAD running you will need to reload the room system to see the change to the default *570* to *590*... hope that helps.... I changed quite a few things in that file with the likes of the shallow side on splayed end units, etc.

Do the same/similar in the wallunit.txt but you need to add +20 on the end of user "End Support Panel Depth" ^ROOM~user#5 so it will be user "End Support Panel Depth" ^ROOM~user#5+20 and you will then automatcially have *320* in the wall unit end support panel...

A pictorial of how to do it:
End Panel Depth Artica41
Dave Gannon

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:55 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Good to know Daz
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 am
Brilliant Daz, ridiculous amount of plans to get through so every little helps!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 am
Dave Gannon wrote:Good to know Daz
Lukeh1101 wrote:Brilliant Daz, ridiculous amount of plans to get through so every little helps!

It does make the program work for us better spend a few minutes changing these settings...

Another one that comes to mind.... number of shelves in wall units.... change from 1 to 2, corner posts on blind corners..... the list goes on....
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:22 am
Daz, you're an angel. I've wanted that for ever. 
I can put a puppy back on my wishlist now.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:51 am
Kitchen Pete wrote:Daz, you're an angel. I've wanted that for ever. 
I can put a puppy back on my wishlist now.

Great Pete!

Do they not tell you about this on the training days then?

Remember to keep a list of changes as these files could get written over when installing a new build!!

Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 am
Training day? 
The last training day i had on a CAD system was in 1984. Catia version 1.
Tell a lie, just checked -  Computervision CADDS4 in 1986.
Yes, i'm that old...
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm
No Darrel, they don't go into changing the software code on the training. I don't know of any software that would  Question

The suggestion is to save a set of favorites - panels, oven housing set ups. etc.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
mister_mitch wrote:No Darrel, they don't go into changing the software code on the training. I don't know of any software that would  Question

The suggestion is to save a set of favorites - panels, oven housing set ups. etc.

I was joking....

To be fair these settings should be more easily changed like within the room settings.... User should not have to jump through hoops for these simple settings.... As Joe keeps complaining about cornice and other trims overhangs, more often the lack of any!.... so these setting should not be in code should they LOL!...

Favourites can work for some but there are instances like if you increase the depth of the units in room settings then the favourites fall down as the maths does not work as the" *" for the *Dimension* is lost as it keeps the user value when you save the favourite so you have to go through each unit/panel to alter them....

Last edited by Darrel on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:19 pm
l used Favourites a lot but when v21 came in it screwed a lot of them up. Especially Sketchup items. I found that a lot of my favourite appliances were no longer valid (e.g. got a range instead of a hood).
Materials were another area that got turned over so i couldn't trust the finishes anymore.
it maybe just me though.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:17 pm
Kitchen Pete wrote:l used Favourites a lot but when v21 came in it screwed a lot of them up. Especially Sketchup items. I found that a lot of my favourite appliances were no longer valid (e.g. got a range instead of a hood).
Materials were another area that got turned over so i couldn't trust the finishes anymore.
it maybe just me though.

Trust was lost with the way they do things especially the "release" of V21.... It's Like forceware... Not easy for general users to have both V20 & V21 running on the same machine...

Should of had a health warning "Use this at your own peril"

Has V21 ever had an official launch?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum