KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
shauncasey86
shauncasey86

Productive start to the week... Empty Productive start to the week...

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:20 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Still getting to grips with certain aspects of the software but pleased with how these have turned out. Small renderes for the forum using DazMedium. Not happy with how the glass jars look on the 2nd kitchen but they'll do for now - need to spend some time sourcing some good props.

As always, advice and critique welcome Smile

Productive start to the week... Sunny%20Bank-1

Productive start to the week... Sunny%20Bank-2

Productive start to the week... Sunny%20Bank-3

Productive start to the week... Lady%20Anne%20Way-1

Productive start to the week... Lady%20Anne%20Way-2

Productive start to the week... Lady%20Anne%20Way-3

Productive start to the week... Lady%20Anne%20Way-4

Darrel and KBB Review like this post

Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Productive start to the week... Empty Re: Productive start to the week...

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:19 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
They look fab Shaun!
I don't really feel the need to critique them apart from what you have said yourself. The glass material on the jar needs a material edit to make it reflective. The soil/foam that you can see the screen grab below is want is called Z fighting (when two geometries are sharing the same location). They should overlap slightly to remove this problem. Details here - http://www.downloads.redway3d.com/downloads/public/documentation/bk_re_hardware_vs_software_rendering.html#i7320
Do you alter any of the materials for your model imports as they could be just default colours/textures with no reflective/refractive values?

Productive start to the week... Shaun_12
shauncasey86
shauncasey86

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:44 pm
Darrel wrote:They look fab Shaun!
I don't really feel the need to critique them apart from what you have said yourself. The glass material on the jar needs a material edit to make it reflective. The soil/foam that you can see the screen grab below is want is called Z fighting (when two geometries are sharing the same location). They should overlap slightly to remove this problem. Details here - http://www.downloads.redway3d.com/downloads/public/documentation/bk_re_hardware_vs_software_rendering.html#i7320
Do you alter any of the materials for your model imports as they could be just default colours/textures with no reflective/refractive values?

Productive start to the week... Shaun_12

Cheers Daz, I'll take a look at that link. Materials for imported models - I have changed some of the textures but not all. Unfortunately was on a tight time frame from my boss who's still stuck in the mindset of v14 with it's instant render times.

Darrel likes this post

Mingerz
Mingerz

Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:20 am
Fabulous work! My only suggestion would be to maybe desaturate the window view a Tad to remove the slightly green tinge on the ceiling. You can however, use the basic windows photo editor to do some light tweaks. Do you do any post editing?
shauncasey86
shauncasey86

Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am
Mingerz wrote:Fabulous work! My only suggestion would be to maybe desaturate the window view a Tad to remove the slightly green tinge on the ceiling. You can however, use the basic windows photo editor to do some light tweaks. Do you do any post editing?

Thanks mate, no post-editing on these due to time constraints but normally would make a few adjustments in photoshop.
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:33 am
These are fantastic, well done!

shauncasey86 likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum