KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Create Mapping from Images Empty Create Mapping from Images

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm
I'm pretty new to mapping, but from what i can gather it turns a 2d image into a 3d image.
There are many others on here who I'm sure will know much more about this but ive found this tutorial and little program (crazy bump) to be really effective in creating some depth to things like tiled floors and split face tiles to add depth and stop them looking flat and unrealistic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still playing about with the maps when bringing them into ArtiCAD and choosing which to use (generally just used the normal map) but gives some great results when you do get the settings right. Going to have more of a play but thought i would see if anyone had any tips with this sort of programme?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Luke
Luke

Create Mapping from Images Empty Re: Create Mapping from Images

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:41 pm
I've not noticed a massive difference. My DazM render times are usually between 20-40 mins and I don't think the mapping has taken them over this. I might have a play when I get some time to see what difference it makes to a floor.
Yes that was what I was secretly hoping. Some Daz wisdom 🙄

Sent from Topic'it App
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:50 pm
Welcome Luke

Re: The Normal Maps.
These are not the best for RedSDK in ArtiCAD as we really should use Greyscale images. I have not really used Crazybump very much but you should get much better results using the Ambient Occlusion imagemap as this is more what the render engine likes. Having a high degree of contrast makes the material look more 3D. Avoid Displacement mapping with RedSDK in ArtiCAD unless you really think it deserves the look as it can add considerable time to the render as optimisation cannot be used when enabled... Bump Map is optimised..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum