KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Customisable Units Empty Customisable Units

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 am
Im struggling when customising the configuration of doors on units. I can't find a way of changing the colour of the custom fronts to match the rest of the panels as they revert to default. Is there a easy way to do this?... i might just be missing something?
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Customisable Units Empty Re: Customisable Units

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:56 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When i go to amend the colours it just reverts back to the white
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:45 pm
Can you tell me what door style you are using?
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 pm
Using the Biography Tomba Daz
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:44 pm
Lukeh1101 wrote:Using the Biography Tomba Daz

Hi Luke

I am a bit confused because the Biography Tomba is a Handleless range??

All the units available in this range show up as per the screen grab below:

Stumpy
Stumpy
http://www.potters4u.co.uk/

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 pm
Darrel wrote:
Lukeh1101 wrote:Using the Biography Tomba Daz

Hi Luke

I am a bit confused because the Biography Tomba is a Handleless range??

All the units available in this range show up as per the screen grab below:

Daz, is this a list of products from a catalogue with codes? Not seen this before just the standard ArtiCad range.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yeah.... Only just installed the Biography Cat so I could look into Luke's problem.... 
Nearly all unit types have been put together like this...
Stumpy
Stumpy
http://www.potters4u.co.uk/

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:47 pm
Darrel wrote:Yeah.... Only just installed the Biography Cat so I could look into Luke's problem.... 
Nearly all unit types have been put together like this...

So how are these installed? We use JJO and Stormer all Articad gives us with these ranges are textures, colours and a few bathroom products that are wrong. Maybe we use the wrong kitchen suppliers.....
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 pm
This is new to me to be this complete.... THe PWS Biography Cat is is a cat on it's own and not with the other full PWS Cat...
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:16 am
Hi Daz. Not sure if i put enough information at first. When you then go to customise the unit (change the height of a drawer front or split doors etc.) the changed unit reverts back to the original colour. It then generates an extra laminate (laminate 2) in the photo realism colours for that unit, however it does not edit to the colour i specify.
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 am
Oh sorry i see what you mean!! ha. I was working on a handleless but my screenshots were from BA Zurfiz Rolling Eyes . It doesnt seem to matter which catalogue i am using, when i edit a unit the changed fronts revert back to their original colour.. im guessing this shouldn't be the case
fuster
fuster

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:00 am
I have the same problem and when I asked Articad they didn't seem to have a solution. They did say that with version 21 there will no longer be default colours for doors, so we will choose the colour we want when we select the door; that should help as there won't be a default colour to revert to. It does make customising units a lot more work than it should have to be though.
Just realised another thing - when I add a new door into a customisable unit it reverts to Articad's default oak shaker door style!
I customised a couple of doors on this wall run:

Top right unit I altered the height of the top door and back again, and it's defaulted to white from porcelain (I have no idea where the white came from)
and added a second "laminate 1" colour which I can edit in the specific colours for that door but can't edit globally.
Middle unit I deleted the top door and then added it back, and it's defaulted to the shaker style door, in the main colour (not sure why it's not oak here as it normally seems to be) This I can edit globally because of course it's coming up as "door rail, stile" etc., but unfortunately wouldn't want to as I would want to change it back to the original style......
Articad mysteries....

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:35 pm
Just done an experiment and it's an easy fix actually with two ways of doing it...

The first is to overwrite the *.mat file by editing the mats to your liking the saving over the defaults:
For example the Biography Tomba Handleless is installed in - Kitchen/plans/Biography/Tomba - then all the mats are there. (as per the Biography.cod file Material line below)

Why is it doing this and say we want free reign like with the Standard Door styles?

As we are all aware the Standard Default catalogue styles do not suffer from this issue and we can customise without having the headache

I compared the Biography.Cod with the STD_DOOR.COD

Finding the Tomba Handleless range code and looking at the Stardard range as you can see below the Standard one has no material line. Just delete this/these as save the *.cod file... You will then have free reign..   cheers

The *.cod files for most manufacturers catalogues hold a Material Line... just delete this and resave the *cod file/s.
You can load either the Biography colours via the Mat editor or use your own...It will behave as per the Standard Door styles...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:51 pm
Brilliant work Daz!!

Sent from Topic'it App

Mingerz
Mingerz

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:25 pm
ArtiCAD did that to us as well, certain ranges would have room defaults like flooring and walls that you would edit. If you change the door colour and then flip back it would overwrite your changes. Which is really annoying when you're with a customer. It's probably a good idea to save a copy of the MAT file once you've edited it how you want it as any patch will overwrite it. We had two patches in a month.....grrrrr.

Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 am
Mingerz wrote:ArtiCAD did that to us as well, certain ranges would have room defaults like flooring and walls that you would edit. If you change the door colour and then flip back it would overwrite your changes. Which is really annoying when you're with a customer. It's probably a good idea to save a copy of the MAT file once you've edited it how you want it as any patch will overwrite it. We had two patches in a month.....grrrrr.

I always save the mat file under the same name as the drawing file If I have done a lot of mat editing...
Once all the Material lines are removed from the COD files then this should be less of a problem..... Just updating the HADDOCK files now...  Laughing
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 am
Minch wrote:I have a real gripe with handle style defaults. I can get a layout just right, the customer changes their mind on the door style.....which then changes the bloody handle  GRRRR!

I have messed around with handles in the past as I did a experiment changing the PWS 1909 Cat to use the Standard PWS cats handles...
Not really a fix but we should not be tied to the Door Style Cat for handles... V21... hmmm could this change??
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 pm
Does anyone know how to make the bottom part of this full width? When over 600 it wants to put a split in whether it be a door or drawer[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Lukeh1101 wrote:Does anyone know how to make the bottom part of this full width? When over 600 it wants to put a split in whether it be a door or drawer

Hi Luke

You should be above to change in in the Edit Select Door and change it to "Never":

Last edited by Darrel on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New screen grab to show previous steps on forms)
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 am
Such a simple solution when you know how ha. cheers
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum