KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
benwaterman

Changing door colours on customised units Empty Changing door colours on customised units

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Happy new year all!

Quick question.
Has anyone found a fast workaround to change colours on a set of customised units?
I have a bank of tall units where I had to change to bottom doors to another frame (without the handless strip) to accomplish the Gola system look. Highlighting and changing the materials only changes the top doors and the only way of changing the bottom doors is to navigate into VR mode and changing materials by highlighting and hitting M (even more annoying changing the trims of the doors!)
Any other ways getting this done??

Thanks
Ben
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Changing door colours on customised units Empty Re: Changing door colours on customised units

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:42 pm
benwaterman wrote:Happy new year all!

Quick question.
Has anyone found a fast workaround to change colours on a set of customised units?
I have a bank of tall units where I had to change to bottom doors to another frame (without the handless strip) to accomplish the Gola system look. Highlighting and changing the materials only changes the top doors and the only way of changing the bottom doors is to navigate into VR mode and changing materials by highlighting and hitting M (even more annoying changing the trims of the doors!)
Any other ways getting this done??

Thanks
Ben

Happy New Year Ben!

We have to be careful of the frame options we choose as I take it you have something like Laminate 1 as the majority and Laminate 2 for the Different Frame option door?
For example:
Manufacturer - Standard Doors
Range - Laminate Handless 1

Laminate1 is the global colour
Frame Type to a slab without the trim in Customise door = Option 5 to use the same global colour.

I always change the Global Colour to a Red so I can be sure when I preview that I pick the correct option to use to avoid this problem.

Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Changing door colours on customised units Empty Re: Changing door colours on customised units

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm
If you are using Standard Doors and Range Laminate Handless 1 then you can change this globally as it is under DoorHandle.

I have never had the need to use VR mode to change materials and would only use it for applying texture shifts for the likes of horizontal grained doors so the texture does not line up.

On my Machine VR is on Software rather than Hardware by default so this is one reason I don't like to use it...
benwaterman

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Perfect!
I was using Deseo's Graphics. Choosing option 6 created a laminate2 as oppose to Option 5 which I was able to select by highlighting the units on the plan.

A great time saver.
Thanks Daz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum