KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

bedroom design Empty bedroom design

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thought I'd share some of my design images. I tend not to go for a super high render quality and I tend to use the High 4x setting due to time constraints. I also tend to keep my designs fairly simple to hopefully make them timeless, so to speak!
Attachments
bedroom design Attachment
Edwards 22E.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

bedroom design Empty Re: bedroom design

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 am
I need to find new bed models to use!
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 am
This is great Jon! Do you do any post-render editing? Its soooo sharp  Cool
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 am
Thanks! Yes I do, I'm normally under a time constraint so if there are any dodgy bits I'll photoshop them. I have a neat photo editor called Polarr which is pretty cheap for what it can do. It quickly allows to make edits and apply your own preset filters with one click.
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:34 am
The forum isn't allowing me to post any more images! Is it limited per day?
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:43 am
Hi Jon
Sorry about that.... i think maybe the forum has hit the limit for free attachments... i will look into getting some more storage when i get into work. Try the "host an image" instead for now.
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:43 am
Righto! Cheers Darrel!
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:48 am
bedroom design Freela14
bedroom design Freela17
bedroom design Freela16
bedroom design Freela15
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:49 am
bedroom design Merley12
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:51 am
bedroom design Blaney10
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:52 am
I overcooked the spotlights on this one!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 pm
Some really nice output there Jon...
I have added some more storage but unless necessary the "Host an image" is best..
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 pm
righto, cheers! Gotta say a massive thank you for all the information you put up especially back on the KFF forum. It has helped me a lot with Articad!!
Charles Turner
Charles Turner
http://www.snappycgi.com

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:25 pm
Jon, You've put spotlights pointing up and down for the lamps for the decorative cone? I love when users experiment to create visuals - man after my own heart nice!

Also not sure if you know the default spotlight uses an IES, you need to change the cone angle to 180 for it to show its correct shape.
Jon_Griffiths
Jon_Griffiths

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:31 pm
Ah thank you! I never get chance to play with the lights. I got it roughly set up and have been meaning to play with them again! Whenever I did fiddle with these spots I never got anywhere! Will try 180. Thanks!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:33 pm
Charles Turner wrote:Jon, You've put spotlights pointing up and down for the lamps for the decorative cone? I love when users experiment to create visuals - man after my own heart nice!

Also not sure if you know the default spotlight uses an IES, you need to change the cone angle to 180 for it to show its correct shape.

Why can't a user pick others... I have looked all over to find where to see if we can load some other light shapes like these:

bedroom design Ies-lights
Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:44 pm
Yeah, I even use that free bundle of IES above on CGI work.

I think the idea of it just having one option was at the time ArtiCAD made the new lighting was V19, V19 as you know was the new HD rendering plus a bunch of other new things, so ArtiCAD fear was you give 6000 customers the choice of 30 IES along with the other new features, you'll get complaints like its not the right cone for this particular bulb, doing it the current way ArtiCAD haven't ever had it mentioned, customers just saw it as an improvement over the basic cone it used to be with Lightworks - win win at the time.

I'll also add, it's never been mentioned before because unless they're you Daz no one else works it out haha.

I agree now though it should be revisited, more choice is always nice.
Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:45 pm
And Jon, if you don't fiddle much with it the output is great, keep posting more!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 pm
Charles Turner wrote:Yeah, I even use that free bundle of IES above on CGI work.

I think the idea of it just having one option was at the time ArtiCAD made the new lighting was V19, V19 as you know was the new HD rendering plus a bunch of other new things, so ArtiCAD fear was you give 6000 customers the choice of 30 IES along with the other new features, you'll get complaints like its not the right cone for this particular bulb, doing it the current way ArtiCAD haven't ever had it mentioned, customers just saw it as an improvement over the basic cone it used to be with Lightworks - win win at the time.

I'll also add, it's never been mentioned before because unless they're you Daz no one else works it out haha.

I agree now though it should be revisited, more choice is always nice.

Choice is always good, why not make a catalogue for lighting?.... you could get Sensio and other manufacturers on board.

This way they can be setup correctly and we can then accurately show lighting and sell more of it... win win for everyone..
Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:06 pm
Yeah we tried that, talks didn't get far because of the size of the project, you'd need every single bulb and a testing facility, or they'd need to photograph them all orthographically on a testing rig for the IES to be coded correctly on each bulb haha Which they may have a chart now I've not seen.

So unless sensio pay for the development it would be pointless for ArtiCAD's customers because I'd argue if you can't sell the design based on the shape of cone light you shouldn't be selling K B B haha

I would, however, push generic IES catalogue and have a selection window for the type of spots etc
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:23 pm
Charles Turner wrote:Yeah we tried that, talks didn't get far because of the size of the project, you'd need every single bulb and a testing facility, or they'd need to photograph them all orthographically on a testing rig for the IES to be coded correctly on each bulb haha Which they may have a chart now I've not seen.

So unless sensio pay for the development it would be pointless for ArtiCAD's customers because I'd argue if you can't sell the design based on the shape of cone light you shouldn't be selling K B B haha

I would, however, push generic IES catalogue and have a selection window for the type of spots etc

I think having a testing rig and do all that should not be really necessary... IES's files are made by most bulb manufacturers anyway...

It is all about speed.. We have very little in the way of light fittings and some of them are not good... A user should not have to add a model and then go into the lighting to add a spot light... it should be just drag and drop and already setup in the model. The user then has the initial option then whether they want it on or off...simples??
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum