KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding... Empty Quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding...

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 am
Just thought I would show you a quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding...

Takes a bit of the effort out of moving a window or door etc...

Mingerz
Mingerz

Quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding... Empty Re: Quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding...

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nice work Daz. Especially handy when you're working from first draft architect plans and then you're sent the revisions. I'm gob smacked that this isn't something you can do with stock ArtiCAD. Okay, you can by altering the dimensions to the two walls either side of the window but you have to have a calculator handy and it could throw new users into a spin as their plan changes. The limit of wall helper in ArtiCAD is to insert a door or window. How the hell am I gonna forget a door or window???....
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding... Empty Re: Quick Video of a wall element mover tool I have been coding...

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:45 am
nice idea. obviously spent some time on that.

Have to say, I've only ever been moving a window or door by 50 or 200 after a check measure or change in Architects plans. So for simple moves like that I could do the math in my head and alter the wall dims quicker than launching and using another tool.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 am
mister_mitch wrote:nice idea. obviously spent some time on that.

Have to say, I've only ever been moving a window or door by 50 or 200 after a check measure or change in Architects plans. So for simple moves like that I could do the math in my head and alter the wall dims quicker than launching and using another tool.

Thanks Mingerz and Mitch...

Mitch
yeah but you are missing the point... why should we have to do it in our heads FFS?
It's not just about moving an element as that is basic and really should be in the program itself anyway.
I will be adding functionality than this "basic" operation like when an wall element dimension changes...

I also doubt you can do it quicker than a tool like this... especially when its not a nice round easy number and like I have said why should we have to.
All the other CAD programs I have used or use have these basic tools...
Stumpy
Stumpy
http://www.potters4u.co.uk/

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:13 am
Well done Daz,

This type of functionality was available 10 years ago on 2020 and when I moved to the dark side I expected this type of feature to be standard on all CAD software. Like being able to open individual doors or drawers and auto accessories your design.
Keep up the good work mate!
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:22 am
Opening doors on units is old school. The fact it still can't be done in articad is prob down to time taken constantly trying to push the expensive add-ons that most people don't need or want. They need to spend more time on basic stuff within the program. internal doors and windows are just a few that go back to the early days and have never been updated.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:56 pm
Thanks Stumpy and Joe...  Smile

I have so many things in mind for the tool set.... moving complete wall runs, auto room shapes..
Adding Bespoke Windows and Doors rather than keep using external programs and auto applying Lit appearance to window views etc....
Alignment tools for spot lights and other things...
Camera Position store and batch rendering of different views for like overnight quality renders...
Preset height buttons for placing accessories for worktop, wall unit shelves etc...

to be continued...
Stumpy
Stumpy
http://www.potters4u.co.uk/

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:55 pm
Daz,
One of the selling points of V21 was to speed up jobs but each job is taking slightly longer as editing colours I find is a bit hit and miss. I thought 21 would have included more up to date window and door models and better ceiling window options through lanterns or Velux. 

It is such a shame that they don't hire you to put them back on track. Joe is right when he said they need to get the basics right before adding more options.

You would only charge them 100k for your services I'm sure!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:29 pm
Stumpy wrote:Daz,
One of the selling points of V21 was to speed up jobs but each job is taking slightly longer as editing colours I find is a bit hit and miss. I thought 21 would have included more up to date window and door models and better ceiling window options through lanterns or Velux. 

It is such a shame that they don't hire you to put them back on track. Joe is right when he said they need to get the basics right before adding more options.

You would only charge them 100k for your services I'm sure!

Haha...if only...

Just done a quick video of the Sheen Calc in V21....

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum