KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Top End Mobile Workstation Empty Re: Top End Mobile Workstation

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:11 pm
Have you got this yet Nathan?

One thing with these Hi-Def Screens is maybe to reduce the OS resolution when you are with customers when rendering on screen as it could still be slow otherwise given the very large pixel dimensions.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:18 pm
HP Zbook G4 in depth review HERE
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm
Sorry to re-visit this post but with components moving so quick wanted to see if anyone had any good recommendations for laptops mainly to run ArtiCAD.

I have average knowledge on computers and previously used MacBook Pros, stuck bootcamp on and it's always done the job well. But we keep on getting busier and rendering is becoming a bit of a bottleneck now seeing if I can get more speed.
Would still really want a laptop as I do visit site often and sometimes do designs with customers in their homes.

I was thinking a budget around 2.5k-3k, but any information on what people have or think would would be appreciated!!

Thanks guys

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Mingerz
Mingerz

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:59 pm
^^ What he said. If buying a laptop, undervolting can give you a serious performance boost, equivalent to a generation change in processor. Throttlestop is a really good utility and you can change TDP limits to increase time in boost mode. If you do this, you probably would need to run off mains power but you can always create a different profile to run in battery mode. Anything you can do to trim render times for free, is a good thing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum