KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vesbaf
Vesbaf

Version 23/B16 - adding views to windows Empty Version 23/B16 - adding views to windows

Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:20 pm
Hi, I'm trying to move across from Version 20/B53 to the latest Version 23/B16 due to lack of new door choices etc. in the older version.  I'm finding it a pain with the material editor but in particular adding views to a window, door etc. and getting the settings right.  The tips etc I picked up here for the older version were great & straightforward, which is part of the reason I'm still using it. In the new version I've ended up with so many copies of copies of copies it's no longer funny.  Attached is a snap of a kitchen I'm drafting where the image is very washed out.  I contacted Articad support for advice on how they achieved the renders they have on their website - in particular the views in the windows - and after a protracted exchange they admitted that they do this afterwards in Blender!  If you don't mind, how do you all do it, does anyone have any tips?  Thanks.
Shawn Ellison
Shawn Ellison

Version 23/B16 - adding views to windows Empty Re: Version 23/B16 - adding views to windows

Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:36 pm
I just got the Articad V23 build 4. I struggled at first with the new material editor and had the same issue. What I did was build out my custom library. I use a lot of the same material most of the time.  It took some hours but was worth the time .Make sure you name each material and when rendering just source for you custom library.
David_mitchell
David_mitchell
https://reelssaver.net/

Version 23/B16 - adding views to windows Empty Re: Version 23/B16 - adding views to windows

Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:00 pm
I understand the challenges you're facing with the transition to ArtiCAD Version 23. It can be tricky, especially when working with features like the material editor and views in windows and doors. Using external software like Blender for rendering, as ArtiCAD support suggested, can enhance the quality of your designs. To make this transition smoother, you might want to explore online tutorials, community forums, and official documentation to learn the ropes of the new version. With time and practice, you'll become more comfortable with the updated features. Best of luck with your kitchen drafting! :desktop:️:cooking:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum