KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

A clever use of 3D printing.... Empty A clever use of 3D printing....

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:05 pm
Maybe another option, or as well as, is 3D Printing our designs.... Certainly some customers would be wowed by this presentation...

If the details good enough we could even just photograph the miniature design rather than rendering it...

3D Printers have come on a long way and being able to print loads of colours is a plus....The prices are getting more affordable too....

A clever use of 3D printing.... Kbb_ca10
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

A clever use of 3D printing.... Empty Re: A clever use of 3D printing....

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:58 am
Same way architects make models for presentations of buildings or whole estates.

Would be interesting if it became cost effective. 

As its never going to the the exact colour and corner posts, infills and other small details (I would guess) to be difficult to show in a model. It would have to be more just to give a sense of scale and space I think - still something that would be nice for the more big budget kitchens, and rooms that are yet to be built.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:17 am
Yeah....
I don't think detail is going to be a problem when I look at this Yoda Example:
A clever use of 3D printing.... Article-0-13A9E13C000005DC-338_634x423

I think colour won't soon either..... they are very close to cracking that one - https://3dprint.com/187404/full-color-3d-printing/

"True, repeatable, reliable full color 3D printed parts are very close to becoming a reality, though. Several different companies with different technologies seem very close. We also know of several companies working toward new color capabilities, some which should hit the market in the relatively near future."

A clever use of 3D printing.... 3dface_Mcor

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

benwaterman

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 pm
As someone who is experienced and owns 2 3D Printers. The print time for a small scaled kitchen (for FDM printers), as depicted in the image, would be around 8-10 hours.
I have toyed with the idea of 3D printing scaled kitchen especially for contract kitchens where most room sets are the same. 

Another option would be the print a selection of popular units to scale of 1/50 (such as a variety of HL units, Pan draw packs and oven housings),  Draw out the room outline on a freehand designer pad and have the customer place the units where they would like them.

mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:38 pm
benwaterman wrote:As someone who is experienced and owns 2 3D Printers. The print time for a small scaled kitchen (for FDM printers), as depicted in the image, would be around 8-10 hours.
I have toyed with the idea of 3D printing scaled kitchen especially for contract kitchens where most room sets are the same. 

Another option would be the print a selection of popular units to scale of 1/50 (such as a variety of HL units, Pan draw packs and oven housings),  Draw out the room outline on a freehand designer pad and have the customer place the units where they would like them.

that's a cool idea.
Like Lego for kitchens.

1:50 1:20? room plan drawn/printed out on A3/A1 and a big box of tiny units.
(wall units would be an issue tho)

How much for a printed set of base and tall units Ben?  Cool

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum