KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mingerz
Mingerz

How has the hot weather affected your enquiry levels? Empty How has the hot weather affected your enquiry levels?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:39 am
I know you kitchen johnnies, project times are far longer than us bedroom chaps and chapesses but has the weather affected your business? I know it has with me as most of my enquiries are impulse purchases from store studios or online. Customers are more vague and lethargic than usual and I must admit, my tolerance for wheel kickers has fallen through the floor. "I don't know what I want or where I want it but I know I want it in five rooms." particularly boils my wee wee at the moment....just thought I'd ask.
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

How has the hot weather affected your enquiry levels? Empty Re: How has the hot weather affected your enquiry levels?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 am
End of July & August is normally quiet for me from previous experience in other showrooms, but that's because most clients seem to be off on holiday, kids off school etc so have other things to worry about rather than a kitchen.

This year I've been busy, and taken a few orders, but I am a new business and this is only my 2nd July / August trading - so it could just be the build in momentum for the business or it could just be a peak July August.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

How has the hot weather affected your enquiry levels? Empty Re: How has the hot weather affected your enquiry levels?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I am busier than this time last year. Doing kitchen updating with new worktops and new frontals helps to keep the pennies coming in.

I have a measure tonight that the customer could not be bothered to call into the showroom for new worktops so always have the time wasters but you never know...

The last couple of jobs I have won by giving the customers more realistic visuals and they appreciate and can see the time I have put into them so this extra effort sometimes pays off..
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm
Much busier this year. It's usually quiet during the holidays so we aim to get a couple of displays changed in the showroom during August before it gets busy again. No chance at the moment.

Sent from Topic'it App

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 pm
Yeah, i was in the pub the other evening complaining about having too many customers and the landlord said that he had the same problem...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum