KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Handleless shaker - can it be drawn? Empty Handleless shaker - can it be drawn?

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm
I have a customer wanting a shaker door on a handleless Gola system. Which can be done, but, how the hell do I draw it in Articad?

this sort of thing
https://www.ashleyann.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Shaker-Smoked-Oak-and-Light-Grey.jpg 

(email also send to Articad support to see what they come back with)
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Handleless shaker - can it be drawn? Empty Re: Handleless shaker - can it be drawn?

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:53 pm
Answer is yes, in the PWS download there is a range called Ellerton which is a handless shaker.  Cool
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Handleless shaker - can it be drawn? Empty Re: Handleless shaker - can it be drawn?

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:11 pm
yes thats what I would have recommended although not used that style before, let us know how it goes! I love the shaker handleless look
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:36 pm
I think its complete abomination of a kitchen design/style

If you want a sleek handle-less (handless / handleless?) kitchen, then lets do a sleek handleless kitchen - not start putting detailed shaker detailed doors on it! and if you want a shaker, pick a handle - there's plenty out there 
Laughing

I've at least convinced the customer away from using a Gola rail, and to chamfer the tops of the doors into a flat trim instead. The aluminium rail gave me a 'nails on a chalk board' feeling

rough first draft in progress, and I mean rough ...

Handleless shaker - can it be drawn? Img2
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 am
and after all of that, they don't like the handless, and don't like the price.  Laughing
Back to a basic lay on shaker it is
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm
*face plant* do you charge a deposit for designs?
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:24 pm
nope  Crying or Very sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum