KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
leonbaker13
leonbaker13

CAD Software Upgrade Empty CAD Software Upgrade

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:17 pm
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I came across it by googling for suggestions on CAD software.

I run a kitchen company down in Bristol and currently use VR Nexus design software. It is a basic package and largely does what I need it to but I feel it is time to start looking at alternatives.

So my question: What design software do you recommend?

I appreciate this isn't an easy question to answer so any comments on the current one you use would be great!

Thanks in advance.
mister_mitch
mister_mitch

CAD Software Upgrade Empty Re: CAD Software Upgrade

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:58 pm
What kitchens do you sell?

As this might have an influence on what we recommend, or what software might have the right ranges for you.
leonbaker13
leonbaker13

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm
I don't sell a specific range. 

We assemble the kitchens by purchasing carcases from a joinery and the use Multiwood or PWS doors.

Blum Antaro drawers and Kessebohemer pull outs.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:00 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
leonbaker13 wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I came across it by googling for suggestions on CAD software.

I run a kitchen company down in Bristol and currently use VR Nexus design software. It is a basic package and largely does what I need it to but I feel it is time to start looking at alternatives.

So my question: What design software do you recommend?

I appreciate this isn't an easy question to answer so any comments on the current one you use would be great!

Thanks in advance.

I may be best to get demos of the main leaders at the price point you are looking to spend. Many have leasing payment options. Also take into account ongoing maintenance and catalogue pricing, not forgetting if they have the ones you are selling.
I am a bit out of touch with what ArtiCAD, Compusoft, Autokitchen (which appear to be the leaders at the moment). They all are not interested in getting involved on this forum to get new users... if fact the kinda frown upon it..

When you talk the "Contenders" try and get proper demos... like a month's trial... don't fall for the sales pitch or them promising the earth.

From what I understand.... anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Compusoft Winner - Are on the ball when it comes to Catalogue accuracy and the most up-to-date. 
The downside for some is you are more "forced" to use catalogue items which when planning with the customer can slow you down...the upside being when ordering as this will generate more accurate lists and reduce errors. RedSDK Render engine, no bump mapping, camera saving, background rendering so you can continue doing another plan or pricing up. Close link to EasyQuote.

ArtiCAD - Speed of planning, Easy to modify unit dimensions, can have several instances running so working on different plans when another is rendering. RedSDK Render Engine with Bump or Displacement mapping (More material controls than Compusoft).

Autokitchen - Uses the AutoCAD engine, catalogue customising, especially good for inframe. RT Render Engine and also Autodesk Raytracer “ART”: A fast, physically-based, CPU-only, renderer, though this is not on as default. 

I personally use a more generic CAD software package called TurboCAD using my own library system which I started using from V3......it's now V26...Lightworks and Redsdk Rendering Engine.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum