KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Build 44 available Empty Build 44 available

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:01 pm
Hopefully it will fix the elevation bug.

Last edited by Kitchen Pete on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : V44 changed to B44)
Michael W
http://www.kitchenflairtrade.com/

Build 44 available Empty Re: Build 44 available

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:04 am
What elevation bug?

I'm hoping it's fixed the bug with the cornice - when you add a customised cornice it doesn't remove the original cornice from the unit!
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:43 pm
When i tried to view an elevation, if there were duplicated units on the elevation Articad crashed.
If i tried to change the scale of an elevation in the drawing - same thing.

I was told it was a known bug and it would be sorted, looks ok, so far...
Ash
Ash

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:20 pm
just advised after loading patch 44 Articad does not work with windows 7 might have been useful to know before we used the patch.
Michael W

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 pm
Kitchen Pete wrote:When i tried to view an elevation, if there were duplicated units on the elevation Articad crashed.
If i tried to change the scale of an elevation in the drawing - same thing.

I was told it was a known bug and it would be sorted, looks ok, so far...

Oh, I don't think I ever had that problem.

Ash wrote:just advised after loading patch 44 Articad does not work with windows 7 might have been useful to know before we used the patch.
Ouch, that's not good! Some warning would be nice...it's bad enough they don't release notes about the new builds, but something as critical as that should be highlighted on the download page.
Ash
Ash

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm
One day they might think about the people that support  them . we are in the process of buying new hardware just could do without these problems at this time. Articad  Fix one problem then create loads more. when will we get a system that works ?
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:29 am
Ash wrote:One day they might think about the people that support  them . we are in the process of buying new hardware just could do without these problems at this time. Articad  Fix one problem then create loads more. when will we get a system that works ?

I've just got my crystal ball out, just wait for next year!

They'll announce some 'game-changing' bolt-on/development just before KBB Show. They'll get so much interest that their sales team will be beating down the door for early release, no doubt the accountants will encourage this, and then - bosh - we all start Beta testing Version 22 because v21 will still be a bag of marbles with no support.

Of course, it could be me just being a miserable cynic...
Ash
Ash

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:28 am
i can't understand  why they spent almost one and half years working on v21 they could have just built a new system that gives us what we need . the main problem i feel is they spend all their time and support on systems for the sheds. the independents take second place. it might be time to change systems .
Michael W

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:40 pm
Does Build 44 seem to be crashing a lot more often than usual for anyone else?
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:48 pm
Not privy to what goes on behind closed doors or a developer but seems to me they put a lot of their effort into the vr/ar addons for the few, while for the many giving old software a new coat that was too heavy and buggy for it. (That's how it has felt to me using v21 since build 1)

Last time i really enjoyed using the software was V19. It's basically been in beta state since then. v20 was constant builds fixing issues that the previous build created same as v21.  As for no release notes and engaging with users like other software companies do only they can answer that. 
Looking forward to build 145!  lol!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum