KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Articad wish list - The little things Empty Articad wish list - The little things

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:14 pm
With us all waiting on Articad V21 and looking forward to seeing some new developments i thought i would start a wish list for the little things that have been around for a while and need updating. You know the little stuff that should take 20 seconds but end up taking 20 min because you have had to open up sketchup or another and DIY it!

Will kick off with Doors, architraves and handles.  Door styles haven't changed, can't make door and architrave separate colours from each other and just the one door handle grafix

.Articad wish list - The little things Door10
Stumpy
Stumpy
http://www.potters4u.co.uk/

Articad wish list - The little things Empty Re: Articad wish list - The little things

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm
Sticking with doors, I would also like the ability to remove the door keeping the architrave in place.
Mingerz
Mingerz

Articad wish list - The little things Empty Re: Articad wish list - The little things

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Being able to highlight a number of walls or whatever and change the texture in one action.
Charles Turner
Charles Turner
http://www.snappycgi.com

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Mingers hold ctrl select the multiple walls then right click on one of the walls selected and click change materials should work!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 pm
Charles Turner wrote:Mingers hold ctrl select the multiple walls then right click on one of the walls selected and click change materials should work!

Yep, that.s how I do it to...Hold Crtl key down and click on each element you want to change the materials of, then Right Click to bring up the menu to select edit Materials
Mingerz
Mingerz

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:50 pm
Charles Turner wrote:Mingers hold ctrl select the multiple walls then right click on one of the walls selected and click change materials should work!

This is what I get....

Articad wish list - The little things Screen10
Attachments
Articad wish list - The little things Attachment
Screenshot (1).jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(178 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Mingerz
Mingerz

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:50 pm
.Hmmmm don't now why my attachments aren't rendering.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm
Mingerz wrote:.Hmmmm don't now why my attachments aren't rendering.

Added it for you...

How come your walls are so thin??
Mingerz
Mingerz

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 pm
Darrel wrote:

Added it for you...

Thank you.....Dunno, I guess that's how the IT department have set it up...It's the way it's always been for me....out of interest how do your plans look?
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 pm
Mingerz wrote:
Darrel wrote:

Added it for you...

Thank you.....Dunno, I guess that's how the IT department have set it up...It's the way it's always been for me....out of interest how do your plans look?

Mine are like this:
Also showing the Right Click Tool Options:
Articad wish list - The little things Kbb_ca42
Mingerz
Mingerz

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 pm
I just checked and mine are set to 20...changed it to a 100 and looks like yours but still right click menu is as previously posted....a mystery!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 pm
Mingerz wrote:I just checked and mine are set to 20...changed it to a 100 and looks like yours but still right click menu is as previously posted....a mystery!

A talk to your IT department to see if it's because you have a "special" config of ArtiCAD...
Mingerz
Mingerz

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm
Darrel wrote:
Mingerz wrote:I just checked and mine are set to 20...changed it to a 100 and looks like yours but still right click menu is as previously posted....a mystery!

A talk to your IT department to see if it's because you have a "special" config of ArtiCAD...

I think we have a dumbed down config as I cant turn off window reveals like you can, nor do I have as many door or window choices...I have to use sliding patio for fully glazed opening double doors, for gods sake!
Stumpy
Stumpy
http://www.potters4u.co.uk/

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am
Being able to switch between Kitchen and Bathrooms after you have spent ages inputting measurements then realising you are in the wrong catalogue! I know I thought I had checked first!
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:44 pm
Yes stumpy, Im forever doing the same between Kitchens & Bedrooms!! Put in all the walls, go to select a base kitchen unit and... Mad
Helps now the walls seem to be shaded different between kitchen & bedrooms though
Dave Gannon

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:55 am
It would be great when you have your kitchen design done and you would like to change the colours on an island or larder area and that when you highlight that section and go to edit materials that all the colours change. It's just a pain having to customise cornice or plinths after and then to go in to settings and edit again.
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Option for Pelmets and Cornice colours to be changed in the default colour settings rather than creating custom cornice/pelmets and having to change. Also more cornice/pelmet/worktop profiles to match those of suppliers or the option of creating our own
Mingerz
Mingerz

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:28 pm
I was just looking through the ArtiCAD config to see if I could increase the size of the material editor cube...The one on the chess board, which I couldn't, when I saw " Sketchup turn off detailed plan as default" Maybe it's been added or I've just missed it before but many a time I've cursed myself stupid for not unticking that damn box and then had to wait while it rendered or shut down and reopened the plan I'm working on, from backup.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum