KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

camera settings re-set everytime i render Empty camera settings re-set everytime i render

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm
my camera settings re-set to birds eye view every single time i hit the render button and i have to set the angle up again etc each time. so frustrating! 

i've done loads of work to the design, including detailed walls, windows etc so dont want to just save it all and load into a new file and re-draw the plan out. can anyone help with how to properly reset the camera defaults to hopefully flush out the bug?
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

camera settings re-set everytime i render Empty Re: camera settings re-set everytime i render

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:54 pm
Jayne

This should reset it to default to 3D Perspective as discussed on the KFF here - http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6839&pid=59178#pid59178
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

camera settings re-set everytime i render Empty Re: camera settings re-set everytime i render

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 pm
thanks Daz, saved me pulling my hair out!!
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Jaynehiddleston wrote:thanks Daz, saved me pulling my hair out!!

No.... to cold to be bald for Christmas.... Laughing

FWIW - Camera settings are not saved with the file so don't worry about saving your files...

One day maybe the camera views will be able to be saved with the file like in TurboCAD which has had this option since God was a lad...

It is surprising how much time is saved not having to keep messing with views once we have a selection of good ones....
Mingerz
Mingerz

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:02 pm
Darrel wrote:
Jaynehiddleston wrote:thanks Daz, saved me pulling my hair out!!

No.... to cold to be bald for Christmas.... Laughing

FWIW - Camera settings are not saved with the file so don't worry about saving your files...

One day maybe the camera views will be able to be saved with the file like in TurboCAD which has had this option since God was a lad...

It is surprising how much time is saved not having to keep messing with views once we have a selection of good ones....
Daz....You can save the camera view in ArtiCAD. Set up the view you want, click on the camera view icon then "Save camera" Name the view, maybe Jones west wall or whatever you want. Using the same camera view icon, select load camera and Bob's your uncle..You can close ArtiCAD down, reopen the file and load at will. I don't think there is a limit to the number of views you can store. Could prove very useful for you checking your sheens Daz, as you can always get the exact viewpoint.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:25 pm
Mingerz wrote:
Daz....You can save the camera view in ArtiCAD. Set up the view you want, click on the camera view icon then "Save camera" Name the view, maybe Jones west wall or whatever you want. Using the same camera view icon, select load camera and Bob's your uncle..You can close ArtiCAD down, reopen the file and load at will. I don't think there is a limit to the number of views you can store. Could prove very useful for you checking your sheens Daz, as you can always get the exact viewpoint.

Yes I know that one but it's not part of the file.... even the multiple camera setup (which is better) is a separate file and if I am not mistaken it is buggy as the view is never the same as what is stored...Even in V21 Build 29 it still shifts...

Should be part of the drawing file... end of (and work LOL)... why would you save the camera views separately as every design nearly will be different so a waste of time lol...

Last edited by Darrel on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Mingerz
Mingerz

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm
Darrel wrote:
Mingerz wrote:

Yes I know that one but it's not part of the file.... even the multiple camera setup (which is better) is a separate file and if I am not mistaken it is buggy as the view is never the same as what is stored...Even in V21 Build 29 it still shifts...

Should be part of the drawing file... end of (and work LOL)... why would you save they camera views separately as every design nearly will be different so a waste of time lol...
Yes it would make a lot more sense to be part of the file. Especially for peeps like Joe, as the client could forward the exact views they wanted, if they chose to. Having said that, I think ArtiCAD need to take a look at the camera tool in its entirety as sometimes it can be a bit like that fairground claw thingy, trying to get the view you want. Cutting through slopes is my pet hate.
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm
Hi Daz, 
Re: Birds Eye View.
The workaround using the 'View' menu rather than the 'Render' menu doesn't seem to work in V21.
Or i'm doing something dumb.
Probably that.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:21 pm
Kitchen Pete wrote:Hi Daz, 
Re: Birds Eye View.
The workaround using the 'View' menu rather than the 'Render' menu doesn't seem to work in V21.
Or i'm doing something dumb.
Probably that.

It modifies the 3D Perspective Pitch to -90 so you have to zero that then should be okay afterwards?? Rolling Eyes
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:45 pm
It must be me, I can't get it to work. Height, Pitch, X and Y and Heading all change.
I still have to go back and re-load the camera and select Render Current View to get rid of the Birds-eye.

Never mind, it's annoying but far from my biggest problem. Beer o'clock in T-48mins, then it'll all be perfect.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Kitchen Pete wrote:It must be me, I can't get it to work. Height, Pitch, X and Y and Heading all change.
I still have to go back and re-load the camera and select Render Current View to get rid of the Birds-eye.

Never mind, it's annoying but far from my biggest problem. Beer o'clock in T-48mins, then it'll all be perfect.

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a large stocking for your Christmas Present! Laughing
Mingerz
Mingerz

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:17 pm
Kitchen Pete wrote:It must be me, I can't get it to work. Height, Pitch, X and Y and Heading all change.

Not sure if it works in V21 but when your in set view, hitting the Tab button sets everything to default.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum