KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dgauden
dgauden

ArtiCAD or Winner???  Empty ArtiCAD or Winner???

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm
Hey Guys,

sorry if this has already been discussed but I am looking at getting a new job which the company uses Winner, I have been using ARTICAD for years and I really enjoy using it. I've seen that you can't import SketchUp models is this correct? If you could let me know your thoughts on the 2 programs that would be great as I don't want to take the job and immediately hate using Winner and therefore quickly hate the job.....

Does ARTICAD have a lot more freedom?

Thanks
Danny
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

ArtiCAD or Winner???  Empty Re: ArtiCAD or Winner???

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:39 pm
Hi Danny
From what I have heard Winner is a more "professional" dedicated KBB CAD piece of software. I know they were working on a *.SKP import system but they are concerned about viruses and maybe some stresses some of those models can have on memory loads and graphic limitations. It had many users not happy as they were component based businesses.

One thing about Winner it uses the same Redway 3D render engine but minus bump mapping... whether they have enabled that system yet I am not sure.

ArtiCAD does have more freedom but with that, it has many unprofessional issues that seem to never get fixed.

BTW, I no longer use ArtiCAD and my life is so much better for it. Very Happy
dgauden
dgauden

Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:36 pm
Thanks for that Darrel. That's good that they are looking for SketchUp imports.

What made you want to stop using ArtiCAD and what program do you use now for Kitchen design?

I really enjoy using ArtiCAD I just hate the long long render times and the basic page layouts interface

Thanks
Danny

Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 pm
dgauden wrote:Thanks for that Darrel. That's good that they are looking for SketchUp imports.

What made you want to stop using ArtiCAD and what program do you use now for Kitchen design?

I really enjoy using ArtiCAD I just hate the long long render times and the basic page layouts interface

Thanks
Danny

I got fed up with ArtiCAD. It took to long to get the result I wanted and needed. Too many restrictions and lack of support from the company.
I use TurboCAD as I am only restricted by my skills and time. I can draw anything I put my mind to.
The TurboCAD section on here - https://kbbcadguru.forumotion.com/c4-turbocad-software-related-kbb-cad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum