KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rochey
Rochey

V21 upgrade issues Empty V21 upgrade issues

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:36 pm
Hi Guys

upgraded to V21 two days ago from v20 build 53

bit of a nightmare really. system kept crashing , plans would not load , colours all gone , lagging to death ,
made the pc feel like a 20 yr old one it was sooooo slow.

lost all my settings as they had to reinstall from scratch. (kept all my sketchup stuff though)

Give them their due they sorted it quick enough but was stressing me out. Now its nice and nippy and nearly there again.

I always use the daz  medium and high settings  for my views and for the life of me cannot find where I put the file or how to do it.

Daz , do you have a link to download it again as the normal articad settings are P** poor

I am sure that ill find more issues as I start using it more this week

Cheers

Rochey

Dual Xeon processors, 32GB ram , 2x 512 SSD hard drives , expensive (not required) graphics card all put together by DELL.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

V21 upgrade issues Empty Re: V21 upgrade issues

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 pm
Rochey wrote:Hi Guys

upgraded to V21 two days ago from v20 build 53

bit of a nightmare really. system kept crashing , plans would not load , colours all gone , lagging to death ,
made the pc feel like a 20 yr old one it was sooooo slow.

lost all my settings as they had to reinstall from scratch. (kept all my sketchup stuff though)

Give them their due they sorted it quick enough but was stressing me out. Now its nice and nippy and nearly there again.

I always use the daz  medium and high settings  for my views and for the life of me cannot find where I put the file or how to do it.

Daz , do you have a link to download it again as the normal articad settings are P** poor

I am sure that ill find more issues as I start using it more this week

Cheers

Rochey

Dual Xeon processors, 32GB ram , 2x 512 SSD hard drives , expensive (not required) graphics card all put together by DELL.

Wow, Dual Xeon CPU's, 32GB Ram..... it must finish rendering before you click the render button haha.... Your GPU will be tasked I am sure with the Material Editor preview especially if you are using large textures and displacement mapping.... the GPU will soon be something we can seriously use as Redway are making strides in that direction for near photo quality and realtime walkthroughs  etc...

I have only been playing with V21 a little bit and I think the Render settings need to be change from what they were in V20.... I know Joe has had issues with renders taking way to long and they should be quicker in V21 as this has RedSDK Build 4.3 (4.2 had issues with a few bugs)
I do know that the lit appearance seems to not want to go above 1.... okay if this is bright enough using values between 0 and 1 but this could be why you are not getting results you had before....

I need to test more and will let you know when I have some ready for this version ;-)
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:53 pm
daz,  what i found was i can get lit appearance as high as i want, but if i go to edit the diffuse value again it appears that it goes back to it's default of 1. users might think it's not working as the value they put in has gone back to 1, but it does work!!. just use the calculator for each size of window and it should work. hope that makes sense.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Joe wrote:daz,  what i found was i can get lit appearance as high as i want, but if i go to edit the diffuse value again it appears that it goes back to it's default of 1. users might think it's not working as the value they put in has gone back to 1, but it does work!!. just use the calculator for each size of window and it should work. hope that makes sense.

Yeah.. Thanks Joe..... Some finicky things going on as the diffuse needs to have 4 decimel points even when it's a whole number.... I think this could be the cause also if we are copying and pasting.... we may need to edit so the value is always got the 4 digits after the decimal point....

How are you find the rendering speed now Joe.... that's if you are/have used it since...
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:19 pm
Don't use for work yet, every time there's a new build i install it and give it a 10min play. Once the favorites start working correctly i might switch. Can't and don't have the time to re load them all and adjust textures. Hope articad can get this working. Very Happy
Kitchen Pete
Kitchen Pete

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:38 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Every time i load a new build i put £10 in a jar. I'm hoping I'll have enough for a holiday before Version 22.

Sent from Topic'it App
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum