KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Lighting Plans Empty Lighting Plans

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:05 am
Although we make and install kitchens, we also have the ability to do the whole project from floors to lighting. I just wondered if anyone else on here also did this and what they do for a lighting plan to show clients/electricians. 

It's an area we could do to improve upon, however my knowledge of electrics is minimum in all honesty! Does anyone do detailed lighting plans outlaying plinth, task, cornice lighting as well as cabinet internals, ceiling spot lights etc? Or is it mainly done verbally with the electrician on site? How do you quote?
Lukeh1101
Lukeh1101

Lighting Plans Empty Re: Lighting Plans

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:03 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
All our internal lights, plinth, under worktop, under wall unit lights etc. are quoted beforehand but we supply all the materials for these. We then quote based on area to calculate an estimated number of downlights. We've attempted to do plans beforehand but it is really difficult if you don't know things like joist locations. I think if you have a good electrician whos experienced and can communicate with customers (not afraid to tell them if something wont look right) then customers are usually happy going through it with them. They usually have a copy of the plan once ordered so i just ask them to start thinking about the locations but if not the electrician or our fitting team can advise on site when doing the first fix
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:55 pm
Jaynehiddleston wrote:Although we make and install kitchens, we also have the ability to do the whole project from floors to lighting. I just wondered if anyone else on here also did this and what they do for a lighting plan to show clients/electricians. 

It's an area we could do to improve upon, however my knowledge of electrics is minimum in all honesty! Does anyone do detailed lighting plans outlaying plinth, task, cornice lighting as well as cabinet internals, ceiling spot lights etc? Or is it mainly done verbally with the electrician on site? How do you quote?

I do it very similar to Luke....
For a Self fit (see attached) I supplied a drawing showing the plan and elevations all done in ArtiCAD (Page Layout) and added info for the electrician etc..
Attachments
Lighting Plans Attachment
KBB CAD Forum - Plan, elevations and item descriptions inc basic electrics.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(128 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum