KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mingerz
Mingerz

Open door wardrobe Empty Open door wardrobe

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 am
I thought I'd try and take a leaf out of Jayne's book with an open door but on a wardrobe. Selected wardrobe/style/glass door. it removed the door either by accident or design and no sign of any glass. Then just used a cubic box. I guess you could also use a profiled door by playing around with depths and plinths etc. I'm not happy with the bedside lamp however. It has a 50mm sphere inserted with lit appearance but it didn't do anything to illuminate the lamp shade, so I had to turn that to lit appearance as well, I should probably turn it down a tad but it still looks cartoonish as Lit appearance seems to be constant is there any way around this? (Thanks to Stumpy for the bed and Joe for the Scottish sun.....and Daz for everything!..lol)
Open door wardrobe Tester14
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Open door wardrobe Empty Re: Open door wardrobe

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:36 am
I sometimes feel we are so critical of our own designs, like this is fantastic! what more could a client expect....like there is their room and an extremely clear visual of how it would look, now sign on the dotted line please madam! I've literally spend all week working on one kitchen project for a client (huge room and space) just trying to get it right. Time is money....how many hours did this take you please? ps. love the open door Wink
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:29 pm
Looks superb...

Adding in the details really make a render more interesting...
Joe
Joe
http://www.cuillinridgedesign.co.uk

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:50 pm
Nice work, with regards the lamp shade maybe Daz or Charles could give us a tip on how to better do this. 

Anyway this is how i do it.

Make your bulb, lens or whatever your using as the light and set to lit appearance with the diffuse to 0.15 - 0.26 

Now go to your shade and set to matt, go to advance and make transparency 0.66 and glossiness to 0.5 and tick allow light thru.

Best i can come up with!

Settings below.

Open door wardrobe Lamp_t10

Lit appearance:

Open door wardrobe Lit_ap10

Light shade: 

Open door wardrobe Shade10
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:08 pm
Joe wrote:Nice work, with regards the lamp shade maybe Daz or Charles could give us a tip on how to better do this. 

Anyway this is how i do it.

Make your bulb, lens or whatever your using as the light and set to lit appearance with the diffuse to 0.15 - 0.26 

Now go to your shade and set to matt, go to advance and make transparency 0.66 and glossiness to 0.5 and tick allow light thru.

Best i can come up with!

Impressive render Joe!... I have play so some extent with trying to create this affect in ArtiCAD. Just having Physical Luminance for lightbulbs can be very noisy especially if we use an ArtiCAD Sphere as there are to many facets really to create a clean light without having to have very high render settings an long render times.
Importing a faceted sphere will be better...
RedSDK has a Spherical Physical light for this very purpose which uses the engines own geometry to create cleaner light which I use in TC.
You could try the point light which we can setup for a more realistic look but altering the falloff to Inverse Square Law and raising the brightness 250-1000. Also changing the colour of them for cool white, warm white.... be intersting to see what you get Joe... ;-)
Jaynehiddleston
Jaynehiddleston
http://www.hiddlestonjoiners.co.uk

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 pm
I honestly enjoy these little tips and tricks that everyone shares so much! So simple but effective Joe!
Mingerz
Mingerz

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Jaynehiddleston wrote:I sometimes feel we are so critical of our own designs, like this is fantastic! what more could a client expect....like there is their room and an extremely clear visual of how it would look, now sign on the dotted line please madam! I've literally spend all week working on one kitchen project for a client (huge room and space) just trying to get it right. Time is money....how many hours did this take you please? ps. love the open door Wink

Perhaps they should call it ArtiCRACK Jane. That's what I love about this forum, people of all levels striving to get better at what they do and the generosity of all, sharing tips and tweaks. The customers have not one clue as to the effort that goes into their designs but then again, if it looks effortless....mission accomplished!
Mingerz
Mingerz

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:34 pm
Thanks for the lighting ideas people, I shall give that a go.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:40 pm
Mingerz wrote:
Jaynehiddleston wrote:I sometimes feel we are so critical of our own designs, like this is fantastic! what more could a client expect....like there is their room and an extremely clear visual of how it would look, now sign on the dotted line please madam! I've literally spend all week working on one kitchen project for a client (huge room and space) just trying to get it right. Time is money....how many hours did this take you please? ps. love the open door Wink

Perhaps they should call it ArtiCRACK Jane. That's what I love about this forum, people of all levels striving to get better at what they do and the generosity of all, sharing tips and tweaks. The customers have not one clue as to the effort that goes into their designs but then again, if it looks effortless....mission accomplished!

I often use this for my advantage as if I hint at the amount of work involved. Often the customers reaction is a good key as to whether they are serious and appreciate the work going into it. 

We can show a customer brochures, displays and samples but nothing is as good as creating accurate visuals of the customers actual room with details. First impressions last with customers when they see the first set of renders... VR and all the trying to create changes with the customers does not work for me....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum