KBB CAD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
WaldoRule
WaldoRule

Articad beginner - advice required Empty Articad beginner - advice required

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:30 pm
Hello all, firstly I hope that is the correct place to post this thread as the dedicated Articad section is locked.

I have just begun employment at a new job after covid made me redundant at the previous placement, and i am now working for a bespoke kitchen company. The main programs of use are AutoCad, which I have 15 odd experience in but the new program they want to use is called Articad.

Currently I am just working through the Articad online training videos on there website as to test the skills learnt I am drawing up my own kitchen.

I attached a render and a birds eye view of the plan, I have an issue where my units meet on the 90 deg where there is no unit on the corner as such I currently have a hole in my worktop. 

How do I fill this in??

secondly the sink isn't rendering where it is placed on the plan, it is cutting through and also has moved to the back wall, I have the same issue with the cooker hob as well. 

I have left the heights of the units to the set UK standards that are on he system. 

Can anybody advise?

Thank you in advance 

Warren
Attachments
Articad beginner - advice required Attachment
practise1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(449 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Articad beginner - advice required Attachment
practise2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(345 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Darrel
Darrel
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/darreldurosedesign

Articad beginner - advice required Empty Re: Articad beginner - advice required

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 pm
Welcome, Warren
You need to make the corner base to reach the hob wall fully increasing the void dimension by 300mm. The sink placement from memory (I no longer use ArtiCAD myself) is something to do with the In/Out dimension.

WaldoRule likes this post

WaldoRule
WaldoRule

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 am
Hi Darrell,

Thank you for your reply, I continued to play with the drawing after my post and in the end I decided to draw in the worktops as custom that way I could follow the wall profile, my kitchen is set out where the dishwasher and 1000 return don't meet. A little void between.

I managed to sort the sink and you are correct it relates to the in/out dimension, oddly it now sits in plan like its hanging off the worktop yet is in perfect position in render....

My other small issue I also have is handle orientation, it has applied the handles to all doors in the same orientation so some are backwards. Any idea how I mirror them??
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:09 am
WaldoRule wrote:Hi  Darrell,

Thank you for your reply, I continued to play with the drawing after my post and in the end I decided to draw in the worktops as custom that way I could follow the wall profile, my kitchen is set out where the dishwasher and 1000 return don't meet. A little void between.

I managed to sort the sink and you are correct it relates to the in/out dimension, oddly it now sits in plan like its hanging off the worktop yet is in perfect position in render....

My other small issue I also have is handle orientation, it has applied the handles to all doors in the same orientation so some are backwards. Any idea how I mirror them??

This is one of the reasons I no longer use the program as these annoying programming errors/prgram restrictions really pissed me off. TBH those cup handles I wouldn't personally have on side opening doors as I think they are drawer handles only. I would change the side opening doors to knobs.
WaldoRule
WaldoRule

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:24 pm
Darrel wrote:
WaldoRule wrote:Hi  Darrell,

This is one of the reasons I no longer use the program as these annoying programming errors/prgram restrictions really pissed me off. TBH those cup handles I wouldn't personally have on side opening doors as I think they are drawer handles only. I would change the side opening doors to knobs.

I see so you think it's not possible? This is what I have in my own kitchen hence my design but I would think it wouldn't be out of the question for a client to request this. I will contact Articad themselves to see if I can get clarity.

This is the software they have chosen as it goes hand in hand with a certain supplier of doors we sometimes use, so it is hear to stay. I suppose on the grand scheme of things people won't notice a handle being back to front but I am in the mindset of if I'm going all out for the render I want everything to be perfect.
Darrel
Darrel
Admin

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:37 pm
WaldoRule wrote:

I see so you think it's not possible? This is what I have in my own kitchen hence my design but I would think it wouldn't be out of the question for a client to request this. I will contact Articad themselves to see if I can get clarity.

This is the software they have chosen as it goes hand in hand with a certain supplier of doors we sometimes use, so it is here to stay. I suppose on the grand scheme of things people won't notice a handle being back to front but I am in the mindset of if I'm going all out for the render I want everything to be perfect.

I doubt you can get the handles in the positions you require within the units themselves. You can use"floating handles" which give you the freedom to position them anywhere but its a PITA to have to do it and you still might not them the paired up as you would like them.
In any software designed specifically for the KBB industry, you should be able to position any element with millimetre accuracy. I can, and I am using generic CAD software that has no limits to where things can be positioned to 10 decimal places!
As the designer, you can place the handles/knobs where you like the fitters to fix them and the installers can ask the customer if they just want the handles where the visuals show them. Cuts out much of the guesswork and the customer questioning the final positions if the drawings are not accurate.

WaldoRule likes this post

WaldoRule
WaldoRule

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:32 pm
Hmmm yeah some bit seem a little backwards and ridigd, I come from drawing packages like AutoCad and Solidworks where mirring etc is 2nd nature, we use AutoCad here too but archicad is Hopefulky going to help us produce automatic cutting lists which will be accurate. Currently somebody has to break the drawings down and put the cutting list on excel which is time consuming and open to human error.

My recent issue tonight is trying to load Blossom Avenue catalogue into Articad as we sometimes supply there kitchens, but so far it doesn't seem to work, I'm not sure if this is because blocks are downloaded and installed on my desktop but when using the program you go into a virtual desktop and work on the cloud.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum